Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mee So Hongry!

Why is it that when I am at my most re-energized and committed to my program, that I am also the most hungry??? I felt like I could eat the paint chips off the walls today (hmmm, does paint have a caloric value---and how many fiber grams?) perhaps it has something to do with not getting to the grocery store since leaving last Thursday on my trip :(

So, I had a 'date' with Mr. Scale last night and faced the music. It was sad and painful but I am trying to put the shame/blame and the coulda, woulda, shoulda behind me and move on. I had been down -70 pounds since Jan 1 of this year but gained back almost 6 pounds in the past few weeks. The pizza at Lou Malhnati's in Chicago didn't help! Really, if truth be told, I have been playing around since June. June was the stress trifecta month for me....dd prom, graduation, and party, mom in town (with new man in tow---who was kinda a surprise, and we just lost my dad not even a year ago) then there was insane busy-ness at work and my first half marathon, and I could go on and on......however it is now nearing the end of July and I can no longer blame my eating on the stressful month of June. Time to put on my big girl panties and deal!

I have been doing some really*heavy* insightful provocative thinking this past week about my whole weight loss journey (spurred on mostly by meeting some terrrrific zonies who made me feel fab!) and I realize that I spent most of my 30's yo-yo'ing back and forth. I have easily lost and gained over 400 pounds(yikes!) in the past decade......but this time IT IS DIFFERENT!

This time I met 'zumba' and fell in love and then found that exercise is not the dirtiest 8 letter word that I have ever heard. This time I aspire to being a WW leader, and a zumba instructor and teaching more step classes (speaking of which I need to get a new routine down by tomorrow night!) and running more marathons and in general running circles around the old me.

So, I may be hungry.....but it's not food I am hungry for!

2 comments:

  1. Jolene - I totally know how you feel! Whenever I start fresh I feel like I want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. It's ridiculous!

    We CAN do this though! I'm so proud of you for doing the RnR 1/2 this year.

    This is the first time I've said it out loud to anyone but myself, but I'm planning on doing it next June when it comes back to Seattle! You really inspired me on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly ca identify with the "losing over 400 pounds" statement, but this time is different because we are different. Each time has prepared us for this time... which will be the last time because we will figure out how to keep a healthy range of numbers on the scale!

    Onward and downward on the scale... you ARE doing it.

    ReplyDelete