Friday, April 9, 2010

"The Delicious"

So last weekend I finally gave in to the lure of facebook (had a cool group form while auditioning for Biggest Loser[more stories about this coming soon!] and wanted to keep up with them) and then while trying to see what Mafia Wars was all about (still don't know because I couldn't get past the name screen) I had to figure out a mafia name (because Jolene is just not villainous enough) so I went to the Sopranos Mafia Name Website and apparently my Mafia Nickname is: The Delicious. This cracks me up for two reasons.....one, it has food undertones (Tony Soprano really does know me afterall) and two, it makes all the times I told someone to "bite me" worthwhile.....because I AM "The Delicious"....if you mess with me you might come away with a wierd taste of chocolate and 100 calorie treats!

Now I know that Tony Soprano really isn't watching me....however it was quite a blow to have a "food name" come up for a nickname (so much so that I still haven't gotten past the name screen....yes, I could pick something else but...) and it has me thinking about how much food rules my life. As a food addict, I think, dream, breathe, and process in food. It is one of the first things I think about and while finishing one meal I am already thinking about what I am going to eat next, I even "speak" fluent food. As my 'new normal' I am trying to get this under control and put food in the category it belongs....as fuel for my body to function but not as a end all be all and certainly not as an entertainment, comfort, lover and friend! I have many wonderful role models in this quest, lots of friends who have lost over 100 pounds and kept them off---Marina, Nick, Nicole, and Kris to name a few, plus many more who are on this journey. Need to remember that food is just food. SO TAKE THAT TONY SOPRANO! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. LOL "The Delicious"!! That's ironic and hilarious, you're right, on so many levels. My husband always asks me how I can think about food when I haven't even finished my current meal. LOL

    ReplyDelete