- Without asking, I received both a "cute" workout outfit [I have NEVER owned a cute workout outfit---secretly wanted one but was afraid I might turn into one of those uber-perky bleached blonde gung-ho skinny minnie gymrats, pardon the stereotype!] AND a basket of 1 pt treats for Xmas
- My SIL arrived at our house for Xmas having lost over 250 pounds and looked stunning at goal....it was really like a Biggest Loser just walked in the door. My dh(it is his sister) actually drove past her at the airport as he did not recognize her. It is a major kick in the as$ when the person whom started doing weight watchers because of you(me) and whom at the time was way too large to wear any of your hand-me-downs shows up bringing you a massive amount of XL clothes that she has outgrown. While my wardrobe appreciated the boost, it was a sting that has got me fired up!
- I ran into my doctor at Panera (much better place than sitting in those stupid paper gowns) where I *was* ordering bagels and cream cheese along with muffins and pastries and she goes "Wow Jolene I haven't seen you since you did the 1/2 marathon how did it go?" with the silent eyes giving me the once over and it was not how I wanted to look the next time I saw her
- My good friend, who has been around this weight loss thing for a while but has been taking a scenic route, finally 'got her head in the game' and lost 15.5 pounds during the month of December. I was offering (mostly unwanted) advice and support along the way but felt I couldn't really talk the talk if I wasn't walking the walk
- Last but certainly not least, my dh has been very ill in december and has had to have a plethora of poking and prodding and massive tests and seeing his high blood pressure and other tests come back reminded me of how extremely proud I was of my blood work this summer and I want that feeling for all time. I NEVER want to worry about..............fitting into restaurant booths, if the chair will hold me, if I am impacting my health, if I will be the one to make the elevator or ride exceed the weight limit. I WANT to be a role model, a fit and healthy 40 something woman who runs circles around my life!
However probably the biggest sign is that today when my alarm went off (wayyyy to early for a Saturday) I got up with out complaint put on aforementioned cute work out outfit (no, it didn't change me!) and went to a 2 hour class at the gym during which there were moments that I thought I would die but lived to tell the tale!
I do want to share that my friend (same one from above----I really have NO friends which is why I am so afraid of facebook I would be the only one there with no one to friend me) has inspired me this year to think of Random Acts of Hope. I have been feeling very hopeless lately [which is that whole 6 months of not blogging...I have been very negative and feeling like I am just waiting to be put out to pasture] I think as a direct result of my dh being out of work for 4 months now and on a bigger level the ending of raising children and a new era in my life. So as a direct result of more Bets in my life and reading the book 30 gifts in 30 days (or something like that) I have decided to try and implement RAH into my life~Today I brought an extra bottle of water to the gym to give to a newbie (knowing since it is January that the gym would be full of them!) and talked to some people before class. It wasn't life-changing or earth shattering but I did get a smile and make someones day.
My word for the day---Hopeful!