Monday, July 26, 2010

Jerry comes into my Life........

I know I have previously shared that Ben & Jerry have been the two consistent men in my life over the years---today I got the honor of meeting Jerry in person! He was heavenly....almost as good as his ice cream! He was funny and witty and passionate about social justice and as soon as I saw that there was an ice cream reception with him as the keynote speaker I knew I was going (Phuleez...you had me at ice cream reception, meeting Jerry was just the cherry on top!)

I was lucky enough to be able to sit next to him during cocktails (mine a secretly disguised ice water parading as a vodka tonic....really wanted to have a vodka tonic but seriously there was ice cream coming people!) and got to overhear the conversations and insights that people shared with him pre-speech----best comment heard "You are personally the reason I took up marathon running"

His speeches and stories touched me....and reminded me of the commitment to the journey that I am on.....and I ultimately walked out with out any ice cream. Thanks Jerry for a nice afternoon---but please don't take it personally if I have to kick you and Ben out of my freezer to make room for my new life!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Rock on Jolene!! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, in so many ways. Walking out on ice cream is just one small part of that. :)

    ReplyDelete